Organizational and Geographic Eligibility
ABAG POWER membership is limited to public agencies and non-profits. Public agencies include cities, towns, counties, special districts, school districts, community college districts and county superintendents of schools.
ABAG POWER’s programs are open to any public agency or non-profit with natural gas accounts on the Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) distribution system. The account does not need to be located within the nine-county San Francisco Bay Area.
Core and Non-core Eligibility
Accounts with usage less than 20,800 therms per month are enrolled in core or small usage account service. Higher usage accounts averaging more than 20,800 therms per month over the most recent 12-month period are eligible — but not required — to join ABAG POWER’s non-core program.
To start the process, take the following steps:
- Review the ABAG POWER Joint Powers Agreement (JPA).
- Review the appropriate program membership agreement:
- Review the ABAG POWER Bylaws.
- Adopt a resolution approving entry into ABAG POWER, designating a voting director, authorizing execution of the JPA, and acknowledging the Bylaws.
- Transmit the partially executed agreements by email to Ryan Jacoby.
Following completion of these steps, the public agency or non-profit can be admitted as a new member upon a two-thirds vote of the Board of Directors.
Principal Program Manager
Phone: (415) 820-7956