Using a one-time, $24 million state grant, the Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) launched its new Regional Housing Technical Assistance (RHTA) program in late 2020. The program serves as a bridge between state regulators and local governments responsible for land use policies and seeks to catalyze collaborative efforts to address regional housing needs.
This overview highlights program offerings, including ABAG’s:
- Regional Planning Consultants Bench
- Equity Platform
- Regional Data Tools
- Housing Element Site Selection (HESS) Tool
- Housing Element Data Packets
- County Planning Collaboratives
- Funding for Civic Engagement
- Online Training
Information on many of these resources can also be found in this Technical Assistance database.