The purpose of the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) is to strengthen the foundation, performance and inclusion of the region’s economy through collaboratively identified strategies addressing mutually identified challenges.
The Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy report describes the region’s economy and the actions that could improve it. It provides an action plan to achieve the region’s economic goals.
The report includes the following elements:
- Vision statement that recognizes the unique strengths and challenges of the Bay Area
- Economic profile of the Bay Area, which provides the background information necessary to craft a strategy response
- Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats analysis
- Strategic framework and action plan (preliminary in this draft) that includes an implementation schedule for a Resilient Bay Area Economy (to follow)
- Evaluation framework to track progress (preliminary discussion in this draft)
- Organizational structure for the district (to follow)
The report builds on the strong analytic work of earlier Bay Area planning efforts. An Economic Strategy Committee of representatives from cities and counties, economic and workforce development organizations, and equity and business organizations oversees and shapes the content of the report.