Register Now - First Session February 23rd
The ABAG Regional Housing Technical Assistance Program is launching a 10-part training series for local planning and housing staff focused on Housing Element updates. Sessions will be held the second and fourth Tuesday of each month from 9-11 a.m., beginning on Tuesday, February 23 and running through August.
The training series identifies key Housing Element topics that local staff must start early in the process. Each training will be a live and interactive webinar, with geographically based break out groups and opportunities for questions and answers. Each session will be recorded and made available for subsequent streaming as part of a Resource Library on the Regional Housing Technical Assistance Program website.
Click here to register for the first three webinars in the series:
- February 23, 2021: Housing Element 101 - Overview and New Laws + Tips
- March 9, 2021: Creating Capacity: An Overview of the Sites Inventory
- March 23, 2021: Using Data Effectively in Housing Element Updates – ABAG’s Housing Needs Data Packets and Accessing the US Census
In addition, you can register here for a special webinar with the California Department of Housing and Community Development: “Now that’s Progress” - Annual Progress Report – review of changes with Q&A | March 2, 2021 at 9 a.m.
Future sessions include:
- Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing: The Nuts and Bolts with HCD
- How to Talk About Housing: Data-Driven Lessons on Housing Messages that Work and Those that Backfire
- New Elements: Safety and Environmental Justice – nuts and bolts technical breakdown
- Engage How To! Introduction to Online Meeting Tools
- How to do Integrated Planning: EJ and Safety Elements *Co-hosted with California Office of Planning and Research
- How to Work with Advocates
- Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing: Getting Conversational
- HCD emerging topics - pro housing opportunities, and new legislation
- Tips for Certifiable Success – Advice from the Pros * Co-hosted with HCD
ABAG is also partnering with HCD on additional sessions including:
- Open office hours
- Two trainings over the summer for Planning Commissioners & Elected officials
- A special session on Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs)
All workshops in the series are eligible for American Planning Association Continuing Education Credits.