Bay Days 2023 will take place September 8 to October 7. Here are some fun ideas for enjoying the gem that is Bay Trail and all it has to offer!
- Walk, run or roll. The Bay Trail includes more than 350 miles of both paved and un-paved routes, so you can find a path that’s best for you and your comfort level.
- Bike the trail. Off-street and protected cycling paths are a great way to see the Bay Area and maybe even discover a new favorite commute route. Don’t miss the bridge paths!
- Hit the beach. Get your feet wet where the sand meets the water at some of the bay’s most beautiful beaches.
- Get inspired by art on the trail. Outdoor art installations make the Bay Trail a great place to take in art and the natural landscape of the bay.
- Bring Fido along. Many of the routes on the Bay Trail are dog-friendly. Be sure to check local park regulations for the rules in your area.
- Make some new feathered friends. Since the Bay Area is in the migratory path for many bird species, you can take advantage of unique year-round birdwatching opportunities.
- Feeling fishy? The fishing spots along the Bay Trail have something for everyone — whether you’re looking for a meditative spot or some adventurous sport fishing.
- Explore the water, too. The San Francisco Bay Area Water Trail’s piers and launches welcome non-motorized small watercraft to take in a different view of the shoreline.
Where will Bay Day take you this year?
Share your adventures on social media with #BayTrailChallenge and #SFBayDay.
Learn more at BayDay.org.