Starting in January 2011, ABAG worked with stakeholders from throughout the Bay Area to develop the 2015–2023 Regional Housing Needs Allocation (RHNA) for the fifth housing element cycle (known as RHNA 5). This document provides a detailed overview of the RHNA process, methodology and resulting allocations.
Download the Regional Housing Need Plan, San Francisco Bay Area, 2015-2023 (RHNA 5).
- Describes the RHNA methodology and its relationship to the Sustainable Communities Strategy
- Documents the steps in the RHNA process, including:
- Developing the allocation methodology
- Issuing draft allocations
- Responding to revision requests and appeals from local jurisdictions
- Issuing final allocations
The RHNA was adopted by the ABAG Executive Board on July 18, 2013. This final document was released in December 2013.