Data, Maps, and Apps
- ABAG participates with MTC, the San Francisco Bay Area Air Quality Management District and the San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission to produce Vital Signs, a web site tracking key indicators.
- The Bay Area Census features selected data for the San Francisco Bay Area from recent decennial censuses as well as from the American Community Survey for cities and counties in the region. Very limited data as far back as 1860.
- The Consumer Price Index (CPI) measures the change in the price of goods over time. The change in the index is referred to as the rate of inflation. The numbers presented are distributed by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) for the San Francisco Bay Area.
- The GIS Map Portal provides access to mapped information for land-use planning and hazards planning.
- The Priority Development Area (PDA) Showcase displays locally-identified, infill development opportunity areas within existing communities.
- The Regional Housing Program is a coordinated effort among ABAG, local governments, stakeholders from throughout the region, and state and federal policymakers to expand housing choices and increase housing affordability. ABAG facilitates dialogue and information sharing in order to enable coordinated action and provides data about housing planning, production, and market trends to inform these discussions.
- The Regional Housing Need Allocation (RHNA) is the state-mandated process to identify the total number of housing units (by affordability level) that each jurisdiction must accommodate in its Housing Element.
- The Resilience Program seeks to promote a more sustainable, resilient, and prosperous region where our communities are prepared to withstand and quickly recover from the effects of earthquakes and natural hazards. The program maintains data tables and GIS map layers on natural hazards.