ABAG and the Metropolitan Transportation Commission are providing Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) Policy Adoption Technical Assistance to all Sonoma County jurisdictions needing assistance with Senate Bill 743 (SB 743) compliance. Assistance will be provided through a working group approach over several modules, each focusing on a particular aspect of VMT policy. Presentations and supporting materials for each module will be provided below.
Module 1: Program Introduction
June 21, 2022
Includes technical assistance program overview, expectations and local assistance offerings
- Memo Template - Review of Existing Policies and Engagement Needs
- SB 743 List of Resources
- Module 1 Presentation
- Module 1 Video Recording
Module 2: Understanding SB 743
July 19, 2022
VMT baseline data and locally appropriate methods, metrics, thresholds and screening criteria
- Memo Template - VMT metrics, thresholds, screening, and calculation approaches
- Module 2 Presentation
- Module 2 Video Recording
- Module 2 Office Hours: Tuesday, August 9, 3-5 p.m.
Module 3: VMT Mitigation
September, 21 2022, 1:30-3:30 p.m.
- VMT Mitigation in depth
- Available tools/resources for your county
- Potential need for revised city Transportation Demand Management (TDM)/Parking ordinances
- Overview of VMT mitigations fees/banks/exchanges
- Module 3 Office Hours: Tuesday, October 4, 3-5 p.m.
Module 4: Non-CEQA Transportation Analysis
October, 18 2022, 3-5 p.m.
- Non-CEQA (California Environmental Quality Act) transportation analysis approaches and justifications
- Module 4 Office Hours: Tuesday, November 1, 3-5 p.m.