The California Energy Commission (CEC) developed a model solar ordinance and cost-effectiveness analysis for cities that applies to new single-family and low-rise multifamily buildings.
The Bay Area Regional Collaborative’s (BARC) Model Solar Ordinance Toolkit is designed to help the San Francisco Bay Area adopt the new CEC ordinance and move more quickly through the approval process.
The toolkit includes a set of customized information, data, templates and recommended language to get started. Resources include:
- Materials for getting started
- Local adoption and state approval process
- Ordinance template
- Transmittal letter yemplate
- Staff report template
- Tips on your cost-effectiveness study
- CEC cost-effectiveness analysis
- Program support