Every year, each California jurisdiction (city council or board of supervisors) must prepare an annual progress report (APR) on the jurisdiction’s status and progress in implementing its housing element, using forms and definitions adopted by the California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD).
Each jurisdiction’s APR must be submitted to HCD and the Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) by April 1 of each year (covering the previous calendar year).
This web page includes links to:
- The most current APR forms and instructions
- Tools to help with APR completion
- Prior APR forms and instructions
- APR Dashboard — Housing Element Open Data Project
- Senate Bill No. 35 (SB 35) Implementation
- Additional resources