Slide 39 of 48
- Scope of work is important
- It is the most important part of the contract
- Carefully state what work the contractor will perform
- Refer to plans, specifications and applicable codes, where appropriate
- Clearly state what is not in the contract and work that is not to be performed by the contractor
- In many instances, the exclusions to the contract are the most important part of the contract
- An effective pre-job walk through by the contractor should be used to identify, in the Scope of Work, all items which are noted, and which are not to be performed by the contractor.