Slide 10 of 15
- How can you prevent a water heater from overturning?
- Water heater must be braced at the top and the base.
- Earthquake forces can make a water heater shake in all directions.
- The top brace prevents the water heater from tipping over.
- The bottom brace prevents the base of the water heater from shifting far enough to slide out when the earth is shaking.
- Rigid connectors for the heater gas and water piping must be replaced with flexible connectors.
- New water heaters are installed on platforms.
- This figure shows an approved detail for the State of California