Slide 39 of 45
INSTALLING ADHESIVE ANCHORS
- Proper drilling and cleaning are important
- Adhesive anchors attach to the concrete chemically; they glue to the concrete.
- Usually come in a two-part tube applicator and are readily available
- It is extremely important that the hole be properly drilled and cleaned (because the products create a chemical bond between the anchor rod and the concrete)
- The product must adhere directly to the concrete surface and not to residual dust that might be left in the hole after drilling.