Slide 36 of 45
- Use the Proper Length of Anchor
- When edge distance permits, drilled-in anchors can be installed directly through the blocking added for cripple wall strengthening
- Many errors are made by not using long enough anchors
- Must consider:
- Depth of embedment
- Going through one or two blocks
- Older buildings have thicker sill plates
- Figure shows sill plate anchor options.
- People anchor sill plates both of these ways
- Method on right is more common because they get better edge distance but then they must notch the block.