Slide 31 of 45
- Side Plates
- This figure shows a side plate used to connect the sill plate to the concrete stem wall
- Lag screws used to attach the plate into the wood sill plate
- Expansion anchors were used to connect the side plate into the concrete
- All anchoring products should be installed per the manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- Some products require special inspection (Chapter 17, UBC).
- Always check with the manufacturer and the local building official to determine if special inspection is required.