Slide 30 of 45
- This figure shows an adhesive anchor
- Adhesive anchors have the advantage of working in lower strength existing concrete.
- They are more expensive to install than mechanical anchors
- They require special inspector during installation.
- The adhesive anchor works by drilling a hole in the concrete, filling it with adhesive and then inserting the rod.
- The shear force is spread equally along the length of the rod
- The advantage of the adhesive anchors is that they always work
- When sufficient concrete strength exists, either adhesive or mechanical anchors may be used.
- Generally the strength of both anchor types in concrete is greater than their strength in the wood sill plate.