Slide 7 of 45
COMMON PROBLEMS WITH INSTALLING HOLD-DOWNS
- We will now discuss some of the more common problems with installing hold-downs
- Follow Manufacturer’s Installation Instructions
- Hold-downs should be installed as specified on the plans and following the manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- Substitutions of hold-down hardware require the prior approval of the building department and the design professional (engineer or architect).
- An errant substitution may not provide the same resistance to uplift as originally intended.