Slide 43 of 67
- City of Los Angeles amendments after Northridge
- As a result of buildings damaged in the Northridge Earthquake, the City of Los Angeles amended its building code to provide stricter limits on mechanical penetrations in wood frame shear walls.
- These limits effectively remove large electrical conduits, plumbing and heat vents from wood frame shear walls.
- The figure shows a properly performed installation
- The Los Angeles Building Code has modified the size of allowable openings in shear walls