Chimney Vibration Failure
- Building will be affected differently depending on height and weight
- Because periods of vibration depend on weight and height, portions of building with different weights and heights will move separately unless all portions of the building are properly connected and tied together.
- When tied together, buildings will stay together. If not, pieces will separate.
- Common examples of different portions of buildings with these problems are shown in the next three slides:
- Houses with multiple stories