Slide 5 of 10
- Recognize the typical errors made during installation and how to avoid making them.
- Understand basic methods for reducing earthquake hazards of nonstructural features (chimneys, water heaters, tanks, building appendages, gas lines, brick veneer, and other nonstructural items).
- List basic health and safety measures to consider when doing retrofit work.
- Recognize areas of potential liability related to construction and ways to avoid or reduce liability.
- Generally explain the building permit requirements, warranties, and liabilities related to seismic retrofit work.