Slide 4 of 10
- By the end of this training, you should be able to:
- Generally explain how shaking damages wood frame structures during an earthquake.
- Identify the key components of a retrofit (shear walls, hold downs, foundation, anchor bolts, sill plates and other connections).
- Describe how the components connect together to form a proper seismic retrofit.
- Compare and contrast the different material types available for each component of a retrofit.
- Recall the installation steps for each component.