Slide 3 of 10
- Training will benefit:
- Contractors who wish to learn how to do seismic retrofit work or wish to improve their current seismic retrofitting skills.
- Building Inspectors who are responsible for checking seismic retrofit work.
- Plan Reviewers who approve designs for the seismic retrofit of wood structures.
- Property Owners who want to retrofit their wood frame buildings.
- Realtors who need to understand the earthquake weaknesses of existing dwellings and ways to retrofit them.
- Lenders and Insurers who need to understand the seismic weakness of existing buildings and the retrofit methods that reduce their risks.
- Construction Attorneys who need to understand proper installation and retrofit techniques.
- Please Note:
Although this course was developed in California, there are over 30 of the nationís states that are exposed to damage by earthquakes. Many of these states have wood frame structures similar to those in California. As a result, the retrofit techniques discussed in this course have widespread importance.