REGIONAL PLANNING COMMITTEE
Wednesday, October 5, 2016, 1:00-3:00 PM (Lunch 12:45)
Bay Area Metro Center
375 Beale Street
Yerba Buena Conference Room
San Francisco, California 94105
The ABAG Regional Committee may act on any item on this agenda.
Agenda and attachments available at abag.ca.gov
For information, contact Wally Charles, ABAG Planning and Research, at (415) 820-7993.
CALL TO ORDER/CONFIRM QUORUM
APPROVAL OF SUMMARY MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Attachment: Summary Minutes of September 14, 2016
Miriam Chion, ABAG Planning and Research Director at ABAG, will give an overview of the meeting, future plans and schedules.
PRIORITY PRODUCTION AREAS
Cynthia Kroll, Chief Economist at ABAG and Johnny Jaramillo, Senior Regional Planner at ABAG will be joined by Karen Chapple, UC Berkeley, to present the study of industrial land and businesses in the Bay Area. Cynthia will also present the Priority Production Areas proposal for the Committee consideration.
Memo 0A: Industrial Land Technical Memo
Memo 0B: Growth Scenarios and Impacts
1. Industrial Land and Jobs Study
2. Industrial Land Study Technical Advisory Committee
3. Priority Industrial Area Concept
PLAN BAY AREA 2040 DRAFT PREFFERRED SCENARIO
Miriam Chion will summarize the responses to the questions from the last meeting as well as additional input. The intent is to continue the discussion of the previous meeting with a focus on the Implementation Actions.
1. Response to comments and questions on Draft Preferred Scenario
2. ABAG Planning and Research Director Memo on Draft Preferred Scenario
3. MTC/ABAG Executive Director Memo on Plan Bay Area 2040 Draft Preferred Scenario
4. Plan Bay Area 2040 Draft Transportation Investment Strategy
5. Draft Preferred Scenario Preliminary Results for Performance Targets and Equity Measures
6. Plan Bay Area 2040 Draft Implementation Actions
ABAG STAFF CONSOLIDATION UNDER MTC
Brad Paul, Deputy Executive Director at ABAG will be joined by Courtney Ruby, Interim Director of Administrative Services and Finance and Ken Moy, Legal Counsel, to provide an overview of current tasks and outline the contract for services
Planning and Research Director